This privacy notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through Upty. websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Upty Services”).
What Personal Information About Customers Does Upty OU Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Upty Services. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Upty Services.
Automatic Information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use Upty Services, such as information about your use, including your interaction with content and services available through Upty Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Upty Services and other content served by or on behalf of Upty OU on other websites.
Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
For What Purposes does Upty OU Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Upty Services that we offer to our customers.
These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Upty Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Upty services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Upty Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Upty Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information such as your interactions with Upty sites, content, or services to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Upty OU, and others. Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does Upty OU Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. Upty OU shares customers’ personal information only as described below and with Upty.ee, and the subsidiaries that Upty.ee, controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third Party Service Providers.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Our company is dealing with personal information and we provide personal information for payments proceeding to our established partner Maksekeskus AS.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems and devices with your security and privacy in mind.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Upty Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their
content, advertising, and services.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any question or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Upty Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your data are being used.
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Upty Services.
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Information You Can Access " section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communication from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
If you don't want us to use personal information to display interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data processing by updating your settings on the applicable Upty website (e.g., in “Manage Your Content and Devices”).
Most non-Upty devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer as different devices may have different permission settings.
Sellers can add or update certain information in Seller Central, update their account information by accessing their Seller Account Information and adjust the email or other communications they receive from us by updating their Notification Preferences.
Authors can add or update the information they have provided in the Author Portal and Author Central by accessing their accounts in the Author Portal and Author Central, respectively.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Upty Customer Service.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Upty Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions.
If you have any concern about privacy at Upty OU, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
You provide information to us when you:
- Search for products or services.
- Place an order through Upty Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application; download or use an application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or your Your Profile;
- Upload your contacts;
- Configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with your device or another Upty Service;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- Participate in community features; provide and rate Customer Reviews;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; information and documents regarding identity and standing; corporate and financial information; credit history information; VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronize them with your other Upty devices.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet;
- Login, e-mail address, and password;
- Computer, device, and connection information such as device application or browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, or time zone setting;
- The location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Upty Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files (e.g., file name, dates, times and location of your images));
- Purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/or content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- Phone numbers used to call our customer service number,
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Account information, purchase or redemption information, page-view information, or other information about your interactions with businesses with which we operate co-branded offerings, or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, payment, advertising, or other services;
- Information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- Search results and links;
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Information You Can Access
- Examples of information you can access through Upty Services include:
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- Your complete order history;
- Personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book and 1-Click settings);
- Payment settings (including payment card information and gift voucher, gift card, and cheque balances);
- E-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters);
- Recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- Shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries);
- Your content, devices, services, and related settings;
- Content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile); and
- Sellers can access their account and other information, and adjust their communications preferences, by updating their accounts in Seller Central;
As explained here we sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.